While 2017 and 2018 are transition years for the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA), there are several key dates approaching. Adequate planning and preparation will offer you the best chance of success in 2019 when benchmarks and reporting begin to substantially affect your reimbursements. Here’s a timeline of important dates to keep in mind:
- January 2 – March 31: Window for submitting 2017 MIPS and Advanced APM data for 2017.
- Attest to Clinical Practice Improvement Activity performance category via the QPP web portal by March 31st
- If applicable, attest to Advancing Care Information performance category measures also via the QPP web portal by March 31st
- If reporting via Qualified Registry or Qualified Clinical Data Registry the deadlines may vary per the registry vendor but ultimately data is to be submitted to CMS by March 31st
- If reporting via the CMS Web Interface mechanism, the deadline for reporting is March 16th
- Estimated July 31: CMS provides 2017 MIPS performance period feedback and 2019 payment adjustment determinations to groups and individual clinicians
- July 31 – September 30: Window for requesting a targeted review of a 2019 MIPS payment adjustment determination based on 2017 performance feedback
- Spring: First MIPS payment adjustments of +/- 4% based on 2017 performance begin to be factored into Medicare Part B payments. Advanced APM Qualifying Participants will receive a lump sum payment equal to 5% of the estimated aggregate payment amounts for Medicare Part B covered professional services provided during the 2018 calendar year.
As always, ADVOCATE will keep you up to date on this and all issues impacting radiology as they become available.
Lauren Sloan, MHA, RD, LD
Director of Regulatory Affairs